I have not gotten on here in a while. Here is the update.
Savannah is 7 weeks old already. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I love that she is only getting up once in the night now. She had her days and nights mixed up for the first few weeks. Now she knows that morning is when the sun is coming up. She has started to smile and coo at us. I forgot how much fun it is to sit and stare at a baby. She looks just like I did when I was a baby. So Dallas is a mini Nik and Savannah might be a mini me. Time will tell.
Dallas had his birthday and it lasted an entire week. He started the celebration on the 12th when Grandma and Grandpa Hunter arrived, and finished it on the 19th with his pirate party. He had so much fun with his friends. My house has new toys all over the place. I can't believe how much stuff one little boy can have. I guess that is what we get for spoiling him. The next step is shifting the old toys out without him noticing. I hope that mission will be a success.
Nik was out of town for the majority of his parents visit...Thank you very much Kiewit! I got to fly solo this time. We kept busy and that helped. Dallas hated to see his grandparents leave, but that is what we get for living out of state. I hope he handles it better as he gets older. I think it was harder on Grandpa Gene then on Dallas.
We are gearing up for a trip to Nebraska at the end of October. I hope it goes well. Savannah will be about the same age as Dallas was when we took him home for the first time. I can't wait to have the kids home for some fall weather. I will have to stock them both up on warmer clothing. I am sure that it will feel like our winter. Fingers crossed that we all stay healthy and happy for the 2 day car ride home.
Well, I need to go Savannah just woke up and is hungry. I will post some pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment